McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Name Change Pricing

SmallClaim.com Name Change Service

What we do:

  1. We will professionally prepare all of your name change documents, whether you are an adult filing for yourself, or filing for your minor child.
  2. We will mail the completed forms to you once you have approved the contents.

How much does it cost?

We offer our name change services for a flat fee of $129.95. This does NOT include the court filing fee or the newspaper publication fee for the Order to Show Cause.

What happens next?

  1. - Once you receive the forms in the mail, you will need to file them with the court.
  2. You will have to pay a filing fee and publish an Order to Show Cause for Change of Name in a court approved newspaper.
  3. - When the clerk files your documents, you will receive a hearing date and time. You must attend this hearing.
  4. - You will need to bring proof of the Order to Show Cause (i.e. the newspaper publishing) to your hearing as well as a Decree Changing Name. If the judge grants your request, he or she will sign that decree.
  5. - Once you get a certified copy of the decree from the court, you can start using your new name!

For further information, contact your local court or an attorney.